Dear Parents and Caregivers,
Welcome to the East Hamersley Primary School community. The 2016 school year promises to be challenging and very rewarding to you as parents of children entering the Kindergarten programme. Every effort will be made to ensure that all students will receive the very best introduction to school life.
We as a school staff have ensured that a comprehensive programme will operate for Kindergarten children. We focus on the foundations of literacy and numeracy and to meet their developmental needs through age appropriate activities. There are five key principles that we believe form the basis of successful development in children’s understandings.
- Play and exploration are essential for effective early learning.
- Children develop and learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Children’s learning is integrated and related to their development.
- A child’s attitude and feelings towards learning are developed in their early years.
- Judgements about children’s educational progress and achievement are based on regular observations in a variety of situations and settings, using a variety of information sources, over time.
The kindergarten year of school is very special. This is a time for children to learn that school is a fun and safe place to be. It’s also a great time for parents and caregivers to meet each other and become part of the school community. The Kindergarten staff are looking forward to working closely with you and your children as they grow and learn through our play based programme.
I look forward to developing strong partnerships with parents and students.
Ms Lyn Dawson